The national soup of Ukraine, borsch is made with beef, beets. Onions, cabbage, andů
- 1 Pound beef spareribs.
- 1 Tablespoon salt.
- Few peppercorns.
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- 2-3 Beets, sliced thinly.
- 1-2 Carrots, sliced thinly.
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped.
- 1 Medium onion, chopped.
- 1 Cup cabbage, shredded.
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar.
- 1 Cup tomato juice.
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar.
- 1/2 Cup cream or sour cream.
- Pinch dill.
- Cut up spareribs, cover with 1 1/2 or 2 quarts water.
- Add seasonings and cook on low heat until meat is tender and falls off bone.
- Lift out beef and strain juice.
- Pre-boil shredded cabbage until softened.
- Add all veggies to soup stock and cook until tender.
- Add sugar, tomato juice and vinegar.
- Just before serving, include cream and dill, or serve individual soup plates with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh dill.
Click on the recipe you want to see: