Deruny are Ukrainian potato pancakes. |
- 1 Large onion, grated
- 6 Potatoes peeled and grated
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Pint sour cream
- 1/2 Pint cream
- In a large mixing bowl use a mixer to puree the ingredients except the sour cream & cream.
- You may do this in a blender as well or a food processor.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when hot drop large spoonsful of the mixture.
- Cook until browned on one side.
- Turn and repeat.
- When done, remove, drain, and place in a warm oven.
- Mix the sour cream & cream together.
- Serve warm with a large dollop of the cream mixture.
- Deruny will store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Click on the recipe you want to see: