- 1 Pound lamb trimmed of all fat, and cut into 2" cubes (leg or shoulder of lamb).
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil.
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 Teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground red pepper.
- 2 Medium onions cut into eighths.
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes.
- 2 Large green peppers cut into 1 inch chunks.
- In a mixing bowl combine lamb, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt and red pepper.
- Allow to marinate at least 2-3 hours to marinate prior to cooking.
- Place marinated beef on skewers (about 6 cubes per skewer).
- Be sure to apply a light coat of oil on the skewer prior to threading the meat.
- Place vegetables on skewers, alternating type of vegetable.
- The beef and vegetables are cooked on different skewers because the meat will take longer to grill.
- Cook lamb Shashlik skewers on grill or under broiler for 10-12 minutes, or until wanted doneness.
- Turn to ensure even cooking.
- Grill vegetables skewers for last 5 minutes of grilling.
- The vegetable should be crisp, yet tender.
- Be careful not to overcook.
Click on the recipe you want to see: